RespectOcean, The network of actors committed to sustainable economic development in favour of the ocean.
RespectOcean is a network initiated in 2013 by Raphaëla le Gouvello and then attached to her association Odyssée du Vent.
Between 2013 and 2016, with her own funding and the support of the Brittany Region and the Engie Foundation, Raphaëla le Gouvello mobilised nearly 10 members and partners, and led a dozen regional and international meetings, thus highlighting the actions of the network's organisations and bringing out innovative solutions for the blue economy.
After an administrative and financial support by two other structures between 2016 and 2018, Raphaëla le Gouvello creates with some historical members of the network, the RespectOcean association in September 2018, in order to professionalise and develop the existing network and make it a recognised association of economic actors committed to the protection of the oceans.
The RespectOcean network is based on the following actions:
- The identification and promotion of good practices and innovations members of the association,
- The co-authoring, review and acceptance of a common commitment charter of all its members,
- A support for its members in their journey towards sustainable development, through networking, exchange, education and the pooling of resources,
- A website to make the network concrete, to keep it alive and animated, to make it known, and opening it up to other maritime stakeholders public research bodies, government departments, associations, personalities, etc.
- Concertation actions, meetings, workshops, around the issues, and towards other actors.
- Conference interventions, communication actions, relaying the approach undertaken by RespectOcean and the concrete actions of its members.
- Multi-stakeholder dialogue by building partnerships with other actors involved in sustainable development actions.
- A representation of its members
General Delegate RespectOcean