The Institut des Sciences du Mouvement Etienne-Jules Marey is a Joint Research Unit (UMR 7287), associating Aix-Marseille University and the CNRS through the Institute of Biological Sciences (INSB), the main institute, and three secondary institutes: the Institute of Engineering and Systems Sciences (INSIS); the Institute of Computer Sciences and their Interactions (INS2I) and the Institute of Human and Social Sciences (INSHS).
The institute is located on several sites of Aix-Marseille University, the Luminy campus, the Sainte-Marguerite Hospital, the Timone Hospital, and the IUT site of Aix-en-Provence
The Institute's research themes focus on the mechanical, physiological, neurological, psychological and sociological determinants of the motor skills of living beings, particularly humans.
The Institute's project is to develop interdisciplinarity for the study of Movement, in order to work at the frontiers of disciplinary fields.
- PSNM: Plasticity of Nervous and Muscular Systems
- AdapJust: Adaptations and adjustments to external and internal constraints
- DCI: Behavioural Dynamics and Immersion
- ICS: Interactions Cognition Sensorimotricity
- CMC: Contexts, Motivation and Behaviour
- P3M: Motor Performance and Multi-scale Modelling
- BIOROB: Biobotics
- GIBOC: Interdisciplinary Group in Osteoarticular Biomechanics
- BID: Bio-Inspired Design
Intervention by Stéphane Viollet and Antoine Wystrach at Biomim'expo 2019 to present the robot AntBot :
The portrait page in the Biomim'BOOK 2019 :
Sources / contacts :
UMR 7287 CNRS & Aix-Marseille University
Faculty of Sport Sciences, CP 910
163, av. de Luminy F-13288 Marseille cedex 09 (FRANCE)
Telephone: +33 (0)491 17 22 55
Fax: +33 (0)491 17 22 52
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org