Reminder of the commitment
ADEME IS COMMITTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF BIOMIMICRY IN PARTNERSHIP WITH CEEBIOS
5 November 2019 - press release
Arnaud Leroy, President and CEO of ADEME, and Pascale Loiseleur, Mayor of Senlis and Vice-President of CEEBIOS, today signed a multi-year partnership agreement to strengthen the development of biomimicry in France for the ecological and energy transition.
To meet the challenges of the ecological transition, new transdisciplinary and trans-sectoral approaches are essential to reconcile resource conservation and prosperity, while reducing the impact of human activities on the environment in the long term. In France, nearly 200 research projects and more than 150 companies are using this approach.
For example, the strategy of the Morpho butterfly, whose wings absorb heat by radiation, can inspire the development of photovoltaic panels to make them more resistant and better adapted to very high temperatures.
Bringing together more than 100 partners (academics, companies and institutions), CEEBIOS accelerates the societal transition through biomimicry by federating a network of expert actors and developing the resources necessary for the appropriation of the approach by the academic, institutional and private sectors.
The partnership with ADEME will actively contribute to the operational implementation of biomimicry on the national territory for an ecological transition inspired by the living world.
The agreement signed today is based on 6 main objectives:
- the appropriation of the biomimicry approach by the actors of public and private institutions;
- strengthening the integration of biomimicry in ADEME's calls for projects;
- the mobilisation of the Regions ;
- carrying out socio-economic and environmental impact studies of biomimicry;
- the development of a guide to eco-design through biomimicry;
- support for communication actions such as the annual "Biomim'expo" event and the production of documentary series.
Arnaud Leroy's speech at the Biomim'expo digital week 2020, in duo with Kalina Raskin, General Manager of Ceebios:
Arnaud Leroy's speech at Biomim'expo 2019 : (à 4:30)