The EEL tidal turbine, energy conversion by undulating membrane.
- The EEL Energy membrane optimises energy transfer by fluid/structure coupling. This induces a corrugation of the membrane.
- The membrane undulates under the pressure of the moving fluid. These periodic deformations of the structure are transformed into electricity via an electromechanical system.
- Energy is converted all along the membrane.
- A control loop optimises the energy collection according to the incident current.
- The technology is internationally patented.
The board of the Biomim'gallery :
The film Nature=Future:
The portrait page in the Biomim'BOOK 2021 :
Press releases :
LES ECHOS PLANETE / MAY 2020 / EEL ENERGY BRINGS TIDAL ENERGY BACK TO LIFE
DNA / MAR 2020 / Energy: 5 French companies want to change the game
ACTU-ENVIRONMENT / MAR 2019 / EEL Energy refines its tidal turbine inspired by fish swimming
CONSOGLOBE / MAR 2019 / Eel Energy: a wave turbine to produce electricity
NEW FACTORY / MAR 2019 / Eel Energy, a tidal turbine inspired by the undulation of eels
LES ECHOS / MAR 2019 / Eel Energy tests its new tidal turbine prototype at Ifremer
ENERGIES OF THE SEA / FEB 2019 / A 2nd thesis on the EEL Energy tidal turbine
Franck Sylvain, CEO, email@example.com