Tuesday 23 October 2018 at the Cité des sciences et de l'industrie
9h / Home
Keynotes, round tables, screenings, pitches, duets ...
9h15 [ INTRODUCTION
The challenges of biomimicry and France's assets
- Bruno MaquartPresident of Universcience
- Arnaud LeroyPresident of Ademe
- Antonio MolinaPresident of Ceebios, President of the Matikem cluster, President of the Mäder Group
- Kalina RaskinDirector General of the Ceebios
- Alain Renaudinfounder of Biomim'expo, founder of NewCorp Consulting
9.45am - 10.15am [OPENING / BIG WITNESS
The living as a model
Agricultural engineer, doctor in biology, author of "Le vivant comme modèle" (Albin Michel); co-author of "L'Entraide. L'autre loi de la jungle" (Les Liens qui Libèrent); co-host of the "Regenerative economy" Chair at the Catholic University of Louvain.
10.15 - 12 noon [ LARGE GROUPS AND STARTUPS, BIO-INSPIRED STRATEGIES
When biomimicry becomes a field of creation, development and influence: major groups are implementing strategies and dedicated programmes, and a new generation of bio-inspired entrepreneurs are developing innovative approaches.
- INTERFACEa circular and bio-inspired company, with Geanne van ArkelEurope Sustainable Development Director and Eric RampelbergVice President & General Manager, Southern Europe.
- PIKAIA, Paul BoulangerHow can we think of the interactions between economic actors and territories in the same way as natural ecosystems?
- AIRBUS, Denis Darracq, Head of Flight Physics Research & Technology at AIRBUS will be represented by Laure CouteauEcodesign/Environmental Engineer: nature, an eternal source of inspiration and performance for aeronautics.
- L'ORÉAL: at the heart of its "Sharing Beauty With All" commitment to sustainable development, L'Oréal launches a new Biomimicry programme By Lucie CouturierPhD R&I Sustainable Innovation, L'Oréal Advanced Research.
- ENGIE, Marianne GallardoProject Leader and Intrapreneur, ENGIE Lab CRIGEN: How to innovate in the preservation of industrial infrastructure using marine biopolymers?
The pitch of the sequence Biomim'Challenge Biomim'expo 2017: two young laureates of the competition come and tell us where they are at:
12:00 - 12:45 [ INTERNATIONAL PANEL
Biomimicry is a global phenomenon. An exceptional meeting of the most important representatives of international networks to give us a panorama of the main trends, research programmes and modes of organisation of the networks.
- Thomas SpeckProf. Dr. Institute for Biology II, Group: Plant Biomechanics Group Freiburg, University of Freiburg : presentation of the German context
- Julian VincentHonorary Professor at Heriot-Watt University
in the ISSS (Institute of Sensors, Signals and Systems)
and NIMC (Nature Inspired manufacturing Centre) : how the biologist becomes a material scientist + knowledge transfer tools
- Marc DesmulliezDeputy Head of ISSS (Institute of Sensors, Signals and Systems) at Heriot-Watt University: review of the UK situation in Nature Inspired Engineering Academic Centres
- Ana Maria OrruPhD SAR/ MSA ARB Architect : presentation of the recent Nordic countries report ordered by the council of ministers on biomimetics
- Akira Saito. Associate Professor, Division of Precision Sci. & Technology and Applied Physics Graduate School of Engineering, OSAKA UNIVERSITY : the Japanese context
- hosted by Kalina RaskinDirector General of the Ceebios
///// LUNCH - restaurants and bakeries in and around the Cité des sciences - or picnic at the foot of the Géode (bring your own picnic) /////
14h [ MARINE BIOMIMETICS
When the silent world speaks to us: the prodigious inventions and lessons of marine biomimicry. With a panel of entrepreneur-researchers.
Special segment hosted by Fanny Agostinijournalist, author, presenter of Thalassa, France 3.
- TEN, Olivier GrabetteThe Deputy Managing Director will talk about a bio-inspired industrial project related to marine and offshore wind turbines
- HEMARINA, Hugues Le ChoismierDga - the fabulous story of the universal haemoglobin Arenicola marina.
- WAVERA, Erik GuilleminCEO - ripple, the powerful engine of the new generation of pumps.
- SEABOOST, Martin PerrotCOO - recolonising with bio-inspired artificial nurseries.
- ALGOSOURCE, Olivier Lépineco-founder and Managing Director, will tell us the secret of microalgae.
- The Polynesian Biomimicry Network, review of the first year (launched in Sept 2017), projects and perspectives, by Alizée Gérard.
- The marine biomimicry cluster in the New Aquitaine Region :
15h15 [THE FASCINATING WORLD OF INSECTS
Those little bugs and insects that scratch and tickle us are great: rather than crushing them, what can they teach us?
With the moderator : François Lasserreauthor, lecturer and vice-president of the Office pour les insectes et leur environnement (Opie).
- Yvan RahbéUMR5240 CNRS INSA-Lyon MAP, FR BioEnviS (BioEnvironnement Santé), Microbiology, Adaptation, Pathogenesis
- Serge Berthierresearcher at the Paris Institute of Nanosciences (INSP: UPMC/CNRS)
- Jérôme CasasProfessor, University of Tours, Research Institute of Insect Biology
- Philippe GrandcolasDirector of Research at the CNRS, Director of the Institute of Systematics, Evolution and Biodiversity at the Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle.
The pitch of the sequencePresentation of the startup BioMiMetiC, a solution for the recovery of bio-waste through the mass production of insects. http://www.biomimetic.fr/
16:30 - 17:30 [THE REGENERATIVE AND FERTILE CITY
Urban agriculture, the resilient, regenerative and nourishing city, are the new challenges for the viable and liveable cities of tomorrow. The issue is no longer just to "protect" but to "restore" biodiversity; it is no longer a question of "putting" nature in the city, but of rethinking a city "according to and with" nature.
- ICADE, Caroline Delgado-RodozDirector of Urban Synergies by Icade at Icade Promotion
- FARMS OF THE FUTURE, Maxime de Rostolanfounder.
- Louis-Albert de BroglieDeyrolle, Deyrolle pour l'Avenir, Le Prince Jardinier, Le Château-Hôtel de la Bourdaisière, ...
- Philippe ClergeauProfessor of the Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle, Centre d'Écologie et des Sciences de la Conservation - Consultant in urban ecology.
- CIBI Biodivercity, Pierre DarmetFounding Secretary of CIBI, Marketing and Innovation Director Les jardins de Gally
The pitch of the sequence 13OCEAN, Emmanuel DelannoyAssociate Consultant PIKAIA and Patrica Ricard, President of the Institut Océanographique Paul Ricard: presentation of the 13Ocean project, Urban Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture.
5.30 pm - 6.30 pm [FINAL OF THE BIOMIM'CHALLENGE
Biomimicry, a generational affair: reconnecting with and being inspired by living things: what if we talked about it among young people?
- Exclusive introduction < 25 years: expectations and visions of tomorrow's world, with Hugo BachellierUTC graduate, Ceebios project manager
- Final of the student competition: live project pitches to the jury. Co-presentation with Laura MegrelisDevelopment Officer - complex, cross-functional and innovative projects - SIGMA Department, Engie Ineo, Engie, special partner of the student challenge.
- COME AND SUPPORT THE TEAMS!
- Presentation of the Biomimicry Institute and the Biomimicry Global Challenge by Beth RattnerExecutive Director of the Biomimicry Institute (USA)
6.30 pm - 7 pm [CONCLUSION / GREAT WITNESS
From biomimicry to bioinspiration: a new coevolution for humanity.
Pascal Picq is a paleoanthropologist and lecturer at the Collège de France, specialising in the evolution of Man, the great apes, companies and societies. Pascal Picq will speak on the theme: from biomimicry to bioinspiration: a new co-evolution for humanity.
19h [ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS / END