Thursday 6 September 2018 at the Hôtel de Ville de Paris
The focus theme: Habitat, Cities & Territories of Tomorrow Faced with major challenges (climate, energy, ecology, social, health, etc.), our living spaces are being reinvented. How can taking inspiration from living things help us to (re)integrate more life into our lives?
1.30 - 2.15 pm / Home
14:15 - 14:30 / Welcome by our hosts and political and institutional authorities
- Anne HidalgoMayor of Paris and President of the C40 represented by Penelope KomitèsDeputy Mayor in charge of green spaces, nature in the city, biodiversity, urban agriculture and funeral affairs.
14:30-14:45 / Biomimicry and bio-inspiration, news and perspectives
- Kalina RaskinGeneral Director of Ceebios
- Alain Renaudinfounder of Biomim'expo, founder of NewCorp Conseil
BIOMIMETICS & ARCHITECTURE
14:45-15:15 / Introduction to biomimicry applied to the city
- Michael Pawlyn, Director at Exploration Architecture Limited, an internationally renowned specialist and author of the book " Biomimicry in Architecture "published by the Royal Institute of British Architects (the updated French translation will be released on the occasion of Biomim'expo)
15:15-16:45 / Patchwork gallery of examples of bio-inspired innovations in architecture / A series of current examples of nature-inspired architecture and urban planning projects highlighted by their authors and directors.
Co-hosted with Estelle CruzCeebios' housing project manager, architect-engineer from ENSAL and Ecole Centrale de Lyon
- Manal RachdiOwner Architect, OXO architects
- Anthony Béchupresident and founder of the architecture firm A.Béchu
- Steven Warearchitect and biologist, Art & Build partner
- Anouk Legendrearchitect, co-founder of XTU architects
- Nicolas Vernoux-Thélotarchitect, founder of In Situ Architecture
- Patrick Blancbiologist, botanist, researcher at the CNRS, specialist in tropical plants, inventor of the concept of plant walls.
16:45-17:00Break, discussions, exchanges
WHICH CITY FOR TOMORROW?
17:00-18:30 / Biomimicry for resilient and regenerative cities in the service of the climate
Introduction by Jean Jouzelclimate scientist and IPCC vice-chair
- Jean-Louis MissikaDeputy Mayor of Paris in charge of urban planning, architecture, Greater Paris projects, economic development and attractiveness
- Michèle SabbanHonorary President of R20 Paris France, President of the R20 Green Fund for Women
- Philippe JournoChairman and founder of the Compagnie de Phalsbourg
- Caroline Delgado-RodozDirector of Urban Synergies by Icade at Icade Promotion - representing Icade and its Managing Director Olivier Wigniolle
The sequence ends with a presentation of the Climate City project by Laurent HussonPartner and Chairman of Climate City SAS
NATURE TO REENCHANT THE CITY
6.30-7.30pm / successions of guest trays:
The ecosystem virtues of nature-based solutions - which models for which solutions?
- Marc Barraecologist. Regional Biodiversity Agency, a department of the IAU Île-de-France (Institut d'aménagement et d'urbanisme de la région d'Île-de-France)
- Jacques TassinCIRAD researcher and ecologist, engineer in Horticulture and Tropical Agronomy, thesis in ecology
Biomimicry, both a model and a new imagination, to reinvent a human habitat in harmony with nature, the habitat of humanity.
- Jacques Rougeriearchitect and oceanographer; member of the Institut de France - Académie des beaux-arts; Jacques Rougerie Agency; Jacques Rougerie Foundation, SeaOrbiter Project
- Philippe Madecarchitect, urban planner
7.30-8pm / Conclusion
- Closing of the day with Serge ORRU, Advisor to the Mayor at the Paris City Hall on Sustainable Development, Environment, Climate Plan, Circular Economy
- Teasing of speakers and exhibitors on 23 October
- Handover between the Paris City Council and Universcience / Cité des sciences et de l'industrie ...